Lehigh Hanson – Heidelberg Cement
The 54th Annual Artist of the Year Award
Artist of the Year
Please refer to “Rules for Exhibiting” at the front of this book.
Note: Entries are not to be removed before 5:00 p.m. September 9, 2018.
1. Each entry must be an original and should be of any identified scene or place or special feature in Prince Edward County.
2. Competition is open to Prince Edward County residents only.
3. Each contestant may make as many entries as desired. An entry fee of $6.00 is required.
4. After judging, entries must be submitted to the Fair for display 7, 8 & 9, 2018.
5. Selection by the judge will be final and will be based on the opinion of which painting will best suit the purpose of the sponsor.
6. Paintings should be completed within the past 12 months. All entrants must be by the artist, you cannot submit work that is not your own.
7. $400 cash award for the winner of the Artist of the Year. The Artist of the Year winner agrees to have the entry on display at the Company’s local office for a period of 1-year, at which time the painting will be re turned to the artist.
8. $150 cash award for the 1st runner-up of the Artist of the Year.
9. $150 cash award for best picture from all other media, not entered in Artist of the Year.
10. $100 cash award for the best ‘concrete’ sculpture entry.
Please refer to “Rules for Exhibiting” at the front of this book
Entries must be ready to hang
NOTE: Youth class is age 17 years and under. If entering as a youth, please add “J” to the section.
Prize Money for all classes: 1st – $8.00 2nd – $5.00 3rd – $3.00
NOTE: Anyone receiving an “HONORABLE MENTION SPECIAL” – this is the equivalent of a regular 2nd prize in the amount of $5.00 and paid by Picton Fair
This section is subdivided according to medium as follows:
Oils – Section AO
Watercolour – Section AW
Acrylic – Section AA
Youth: Oils – Section AOJ
Watercolour – Section AWJ
Acrylic – Section AAJ:
1. Still Life
8. County Landmark
Drawings: Sections AD/ADJ
31. Pen & Ink
35. Pen & Ink – plus another medium
Prints: Sections AP/APJ
41. Block prints
Sculpture: Sections AS/ASJ
51. Any Sculptured Items