Chairperson and Contact: Lucille Lounsbury, 613-707-5309
Committee: Mary Brown, Jim Brown, Wendy DeClerk, Juanita Dubois and Hunter Quoid
Our display will be in the Arena and is open 10 am – close of the fair each day.
Come view some of our “Amateur Photographer’s” best shots of our “beautiful county”.
Let us entice you to explore
Photography Rules – Please refer to “Rules for Exhibiting” .
- Photos to be taken by exhibitor and open to amateur photographers only
- Open to Prince Edward County residents only.
- One entry per class per exhibitor
- Photos are to be 4” x 6” size for all classes other then panoramic which is 4” x 10” (or 4”x 11”). Note: Framed photos can be NO larger than 8” x 10” and MUST be Ready to Hang with wire.
- No alterations to photos other than normal cropping and colour adjustment.
- Photos to be mounted on WHITE Bristol board with a 1” border all the way around – NO matting allowed other than framed photos. Note: photos without a 1 “ border will be disqualified.
- Photos may be either in colour, sepia or black & white.
- No studio portraits allowed.
- All class entries can be taken with either a digital or 35mm camera.
- Entries will be received on Thursday prior to the Fair in the arena.
- All entries are to be picked up immediately after the fair closes on Sunday at the arena.
- Thank you to all our sponsors.
Prize Money: 1st – $4.00 2nd – $3.00 3rd – $2.00
1. The Farm – Memories of Yesterday
7. Single Flower
8. Garden or Flower Group
Special Awarded by sponsor Peggy
DeWitt for best in classes 1-8
10. What an Automobile
11. Relics of the Past
12. Action Shot
13. Comedy Shot – with your own caption
14. Anything Orange
Special Awarded by sponsor Pauls Mechanical for best in classes 9-16
17. Framed Family
18. Framed Any Season
19. Framed Wedding
20. Framed Other
21. Framed in Black & White or Sepia
22. Framed Your Favourite Photo
Special Awarded by sponsor J. H. Porte for classes 17-22
23. Panoramic Special Event any Occasion
24. Panoramic Any Season
25. Panoramic Water Scene
26. Panoramic Other
Special Awarded for best in classes 23-26
27. The “County” (name location on tag)
28. A Day at the Park
34. A Landscape Scene
Special Awarded by sponsor Peggy Dewitt for best in classes 27-34
38. Baby – People
39. Baby – Animals
Special Awarded by sponsor Dr. R.A.
Locke for best in classes 35-42
46. Water Scene
47. Fog/Rain/Mist or Ice
51. Night Shot
Special Awarded by sponsor Prince Edward Pizza for best in classes 43-50
52. Picton Fair Collage
• Theme is “Fun at the Picton Fair”
• Size should be 18” by 24” on bristol board with 1” boarder all around.
• To include midway pictures and other Picton Fair event and exhibit pictures
• Judges – Picton Fair Executive
• 1st $25.00 2nd $15.00 3rd $10.00
Amateur Photographer of the Year -Sponsored by County Holiday Homes Plaque awarded to Exhibitor with the most points
(1st=3 pts, 2nd=2pts, 3rd=1pt).
Name on large trophy on display at AV Frame & Photo
Best Photograph of the Fair –
Sponsored by County Holiday Homes Plaque awarded to Exhibitor and winning photo can be displayed at The Picton Gazette if exhibitor wishes.